Vienna Art and Design exhibition at the NGV

Egon Schiele self portrait with hands on chest 1910
Gustav KLIMT Italian garden landscape 1913
Gustave klimt drawing three stages of woman

Gustav Klimt - Emilie Flöge 1902
Koloman MOSER Self-portrait c.1916–17
Gustav KLIMT Johanna Staude 1917–18

I went to see the amazing Vienna exhibition at the NGV in Melbourne the other day. It covered the art and design work of Klimt, Schiele, Hoffmann and Loos. It was hugely inspiring and well worth the visit. I particularly enjoyed the work of Egon Schiele and just love the way he painted hands - one of my drawing weaknesses and it has inspired me to do some studies of hands - practice, practice, practice!

Comments

Mia said…
I will be in Melbourne the very last week of the exhibit and can't wait.
I agree - Schiele's drawing skills are so inspiring. Whenever I see his drawings (and yes the hands) I think - must practice my drawing more!!!
Oh so jealous! Egon Schiele is my favourite artist :)
JennyKay said…
Oh how I would love to see this exhibition. I LOVE Klimt! lucky you !!
Krystal Lee said…
I went to see it too and loved it! And I love Egon Scieles drawings, his hands are perfect!

krystal x

Popular posts from this blog

Sew mama Sew giveaway

New Digital Downloads and a giveaway!

Sweet William Print Giveaway! Yipeee yay yay!