the messy reality

A picture of my girl's room today
Lovely Mollie Makes magazine
the spread of my girl's room in Mollie Makes magazine
more lovelyness in Mollie Makes
More real mess in my house - hee hee!

Work in progress in my studio

Hello lovely blog readers.Yesterday I received my copy of Molly Makes magazine in the post (it takes a while for things to get to Australia) and I was very pleased with the feature of my home in such a lovely magazine, I even shed a tear (not sure why - hormones?) and was flattered to be amongst the pages of wonderfully creative woman such as Tif Fussel aka Dottie Angel and the like. But then reality set in, my rented home, which looked so calm and tidy in the magazine, is a complete shambles, with piles of 'to be sorted before we move' all over the place and endless clutter and mess. When I went to check on my freshly painted white floorboards in the new place (which were supposed to be drying for 24 hrs) I was horrified to find a possum had come down the chimney over night and left black foot prints and poppy all over - lovely! I laughed at my self later as I thought the best way to deal with all this chaos was to go back to my studio and start on a new ink drawing...hmmm. I am all for inspiration and probably spend most of time on this blog sharing aspirational imagery but today I have taken photographs of my kids room, as it really looks and my desk top in my studio, just to keep it real! Happy Friday to you all, now I need to get back to soritng out those piles or maybe I will do just a little bit bit more on my ink drawing...only a little, promise : )

Comments

Trashsparkle said…
loving the honesty! just like my place, only I don't go off and produce great artwork like you do. a cheeky possum down the chimney - freaky!! will have a look at your MM article later, when I'm not meant to be getting ready for work ;)
Leah said…
I love the reality, what a thrill to have your lovely home published!
Moira Fuller said…
Your possum comment made me laugh - could you turn his prints into some kind of feature?!? Lovely article in Mollie Makes too, thank you for sharing it =)
dottie angel said…
oh my goodness i too was so chuffed to be side by side with you :)
and i have to say, long long ago i had the same thing as you, 3 young children and we bought an old house at auction, full of vintage wallpaper and soul. one weekend the builder left a young lad to do the electrics (duh!) and he took out all the old electric socket switches and tossed them in the skip and worse still, tore all the wallpapers down from the switch plate to the skirting board!! when i arrived the next morning to check up on things, i was gutted to say the least, we lived in that lovely home for several years and we lived with the torn paper...

i am so excited about your big move, your article in mollie makes was wonderful and your style is beautiful, you should be beaming with pride, even with your piles of reality all around :)
Love your post, I think we all have an illusion of how others live and feel a little guilty that it is not a reality in our own houses.
It is nice to see your little ones are allowed to make a mess, mine were just the same but now as adults are tidier than me.
Sorry to hear about your possum story, I for one am not a possum fan.

Popular posts from this blog

Sew mama Sew giveaway

New Digital Downloads and a giveaway!

Sweet William Print Giveaway! Yipeee yay yay!