challenges of moving

Collections of mine that have survived the house move culling: pretty tins and things;
my silver trophies and vases;
lots of wooden crates;
and tea cups I just can't part with!
The start of our renovation.

Hi All. I have had an exciting and busy week. We started work on the mini renovation of the house we have bought in Warrandyte. It has all gone well so far but there is still a way to go. I have had to start the tedious task of chucking and woking out what exactly what we can take with us into this new space - it is smaller than the rented houses we have been in and so I have to be pretty ruthless! I have friends happy to take bits and pieces that I just can't fit in, otherwise a large pile is going to my local charity shop (where quite a lot of it came from in the first place!) But I find it hard to part with my junk - here are a few shots of things that I am keeping - too pretty to part with. Happy Friday to you all. Paula xx

Comments

Allana said…
Sounds like you have some exciting times ahead! I can understand why you are keeping those treasure, gorgeous! We are in the process of culling too :)
Love the fireplace in your new home.

I too hate decluttering, but I guess if beloved items are going to charity someone else will have a chance to love them.
MissMollyCoddle said…
Just put all your surplus in the roof, it's amazing ours hasn't collapsed. Every now and then I have a rummage for old treasures to do a new display, I'm such a hoarder!
Dustyjo said…
Lovely to move to such a beautiful area .. having the river close by is so peaceful and relaxing. Good luck with the renos! I've moved around 11 times in the past 20 years including four international moves so now have very little clutter!!

Popular posts from this blog

Sew mama Sew giveaway

New Digital Downloads and a giveaway!

Sweet William Print Giveaway! Yipeee yay yay!