She makes me happy

Paula has been so productive with her illustrations that it has put me to shame! I have a new job and its been a bit hard to find the balance lately - but a recent break gave me the time to get the creative juices flowing and I decided I wanted to work on a Madonna and Child doll. It has been ages and ages since I made one and I had forgotten how much I love making her. First choosing all the fabrics, cutting them out, embroidering the face and appliquéd all the pieces together - it has lots of steps but they create a lovely rhythm that I enjoy, it puts me into an idyllic peaceful state - not a bad place to be when life gets a bit crazy.
She will be on sale at the next Craft 2.0 which is coming up in October here in New Zealand. I super excited because Paula is coming over to help me out and also join me in celebrating my 40th!
x Shelley

Comments

MissMollyCoddle said…
She's absolutely gorgeous, very clever. Have a fantastic 40th, hope you ladies let your hair down!
Anonymous said…
She is lovely Shells . P xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Sew mama Sew giveaway

New Digital Downloads and a giveaway!

Sweet William Print Giveaway! Yipeee yay yay!