a balancing act and my art show



I am very grateful for being able to work from home. I have three gorgeous girls, two at school and one in 3 year old kindergarden. I have a some help from a nanny but mostly I fit my creative work in around my kids and their activities. It all bumps along smoothly most of the time but sometimes it all goes a little crazy. Last week I had to spend 3 days in hospital with my youngest, who struggles with asthma, which was obviously my priority and thankfully has now fully recovered. I also happened to have my end of year art show at the VCA, so after hardly any sleep over 72 hours, off I went to the opening, barley able to stand up and hold my glass of dry white wine. I then had to catch up with a few freelance illustration jobs that were a little over due for clients, respond to on line orders and whole sale inquiry's .... While I really enjoy what I do I am constantly juggling things and feel desperately time poor most of time. Are there other mum's out there who feel the same??

But excitement and joy are a few days away! I am preparing to visit my lovely sister, Shelley, in New Zealand, for celebrations and quality time. Of-course we are fitting in a market - we will both be at Craft2.0, which will be loads of fun and then we will put our feet up, sit back and enjoy that glass of wine!!

Here are some images from my art show - my oversized collage was entitled 'pattern is in everything'.

Comments

Alison said…
Sweety darling what a time you've had. Thank goodness your wee one is now well. It sounds like your in need of a break and some sisterly love.

I do sympathies with you about being time poor. Right now the house is a disgrace, hubby is giving the kids a shower, I should be helping, but I'm enjoying a glass of wine and blogging. Ha...ha..ha..

I do love your artwork.
Oh the balance thing is never ending isnt it. I try to always prioritise the kids first, you'll never get those precious moments back. But when the house looks like a tornado flew through and the shelf is full of unfinished work... - its a tricky one.
tiel said…
YES! YES! YES!

can I scream this any louder to you.

SO U N D E R S T A N D!!!!!!

this is my biggest battle in my life right now.

your work looks so so wonderful. Glad I found your site.

Keep going. I just accept that I will have lows quite often and there is no point in feeling horrible about them...best wishes.
Alison said…
Come visit my Monday post for an award.
Julia said…
Balance? It's a bit of a myth. A really good friend has just found "balance" from a hectic corporate job by learning how to do hip hop dance. But now she's trying out for the Springbok squad (ie can't help herself!!!). Balance is a life long quest. Type A people really arn't good at it (ie because the actively want to make it happen, and it dosn't work that way). Surfing, babies, no head stuff. Little inner voices seem to best however...
Oh, the story of our lives! I am mother of three, too, and I have a job, a small PR business and recently I made a passion from blogging. I am ashamed, but there are nights I don't shower cause I am too tired...
I love your work, I read your blog is one year now! I wish you good luck in everything!

Popular posts from this blog

Sew mama Sew giveaway

New Digital Downloads and a giveaway!

Sweet William Print Giveaway! Yipeee yay yay!