My daughters 9th birthday party

My daughter Lia, me and pavlova cake!
Rosie, Liberty (waitresses), Lia and her friend Celina
Dinner party invite Lia drew herself (I helped with the typesetting that all)
Table setting for 18 young girls
Table setting details
Party bags
Lia with her two younger sisters dressed as waitresses

We had such fun on the weekend preparing for and hosting my daughters 9th birthday party. Lia had a dinner party for 15 of her girlfriends! It was a whole family affair; Lia designed the invites, planned the menu and approved the setting; her two younger sisters were waitresses; my husband was the chef and I was the stylist. We had tea lights all over the place, made place settings and did our own party bags while my husband cooked up a storm in the kitchen. I took a few snaps of the lovely set up but unfortunately didn't take many of the party itself as I had my hands full with a bunch of girls (9yrs and under) dancing, laughing, eating, screaming, giggling and running through my house! Piles of fun was had by all!

Comments

Oh my goodness, this is too gorgeous!

And your daughter drew the invite??? REALLY?

Apples fall not far from trees, right?

Happy Birthday, Lia.
Wow that is adorable. You daughter did an awesome job of the invite. I was thinking to myself when I saw it, oh so nice to have a mum who can draw, not realising she did it herself. Awesome! It makes me happy when I see kids being creative. I can't wait till Annie-Rose is drawing, Reuben is drawing all sorts of weird space creatures, but I think girly drawings will be cool!!!
Anonymous said…
Yep Lia did draw the invite herself - she saw an image in a book she liked, used it as a reference and drew the whole image with one of my fine line pens on some vintage paper. Thanks for lovely comments x
little love said…
appy Birthday Lia! What atalented little girl - her drawing is amazing! Like Deb I first thought that she was lucky to have you darw it for her! That' so awesome! It looked like a great little party! xx
absolutely stunning photos Paula I love the bow ties
Sissy Sparrows said…
I have 2 daughters turning 7 in a few days and one turning 9 in September, what a great idea!!

How did you handle all the 'I don't like that or I don't eat that'? I know how fussy my kids can be at times!

Beautiful and creative idea...loved the waiters too!
Your girls are awesome!!!!
Happy bday and congrats!
This comment has been removed by the author.
What a divine party and pictures. I bet she had a brilliant party.

My son announced it was 42 days till he his 10 this morning!!

Textureknit
SO lovely! Glad you all had a gorgeous time.
JennyKay said…
What a lovely party! My daughter is 9 on June 26- we have alot to live up to!! We have decided on a jewellery making party. Enough to keep a girls heart content. Happy Birthday Lia.
Allana said…
what a magical party! Everything looks and sounds amazing and I love the invitations! :)
Unknown said…
Oh, I so like the party you threw for your little lady! It’s like giving her an advanced debutant party. And I even thought it was held from a three-star hotel based from the table setting. I’m envious of your creativity, which Lia also inherited from you. Her invitation card is also a knockout!

Carlene Boley
Unknown said…
This birthday party idea looks elegant. The table is like one in a fine dining restaurant setting. And the two waitresses really completed the theme you're going for. Everything looks lovely. Good job to you and your daughter! -Nita Digirolamo

Popular posts from this blog

Sew mama Sew giveaway

New Digital Downloads and a giveaway!

Sweet William Print Giveaway! Yipeee yay yay!