inspiration in unexpected places








I had hours of waiting in hospital the other day as my poor husband had jaw surgery (he is recovering well). I bought a pile of magazines to get through, as often the magazines in the waiting rooms can be outdated trashy mags. Amazingly I noticed an Australian Vogue Living (sept. 2010) poking out from amongst the well thumbed mags and found this wonderful article on John Derian, a New York based decoupage artist and furniture designer, with images from his New York apartment and country home. And so I did a sneaky and popped the hospital mag in my bag to take home and savor a bit more (sorry). Here are some pages I scanned in. I love the whole feel of his homes and the calming color palette. I also noticed on his website that he sells the 'in good health' card which I just purchased last week from Scarlet Jones - how funny! I am off to the hospital again today to visit my husband and I have a replacement magazine from home that I will leave in their waiting room : )

Comments

how funny... i have this old magazine and have cut out those exact pages and they are on my easel...great minds Paula
Unknown said…
Isn't it exciting when you have a serendipity moment! Love the pictures!

Popular posts from this blog

Sew mama Sew giveaway

New Digital Downloads and a giveaway!

Sweet William Print Giveaway! Yipeee yay yay!