trophy love






Detail of the engraving on my amazing find


I had the most amazing find on the weekend. I was having a good scratch around Coburg trash and treasure market early on Sunday morning with a couple of girl friends, when I pile of old silverware caught my eye as well as some beautiful old trophies (which I am constantly on the look out for) and excitedly grabbed the one closest to me - imagine my surprise when I read the following engraving:

Metropolitan Women's Basketball Association
Season 1950
Undefeated Premiers
Won by P. Mills

That's me - Paula Mills! So this lovely bargain literally had my name on it. I have tried to take a close up shot of the engraving but it was quite tricky. So in celebration of my win here are a few other inspiring images of trophies as well as my fabulous find from the trash and treasure market: Paris Hotel Flickr Stream; shabby scraps photography; sterling silver necklace; letter press card; upcycled 1898 dictionary printed vintage trophy
Everyone's a winner! P xox

Comments

Great find! my mother would say "it was meant to be" Lovely blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Sew mama Sew giveaway

New Digital Downloads and a giveaway!

Sweet William Print Giveaway! Yipeee yay yay!