My Place and Yours




I'v been wanting to play along with Meet Me at Mikes voyeuristic "My place and Yours" for a while now, and finely got a post in on time. The theme this week is from my bricole

I’m asking everyone to share her/his “secret weapon”. No deep dark secrets here, just something you keep close to your creative heart. It could be your fav crochet hook, or maybe your go to fabric shop, or even the perfect shade of red lipstick that makes your day. Whatever it is, it should something that you know you can go to in a pinch and it will never let you down.

Laughter has to be our weapon of choice and it meets all the above criteria for sure.
Doing this crazy, creative gig with my sister and Jeanine - gosh, sometimes all we can do is laugh (the other alternative being to cry - and who wants to cry?) As Paula illustrated once, laughter is contagious, it disarms the tense moments and it brings joy into the mundane. I can always count on my sister to have some good (usually slightly inappropriate) jokes, and she can always count on my ridiculous giggle ( I giggle at everything given half the chance - I even giggled at the insurance telemarketer today), and because of this laughter will never let us down.

Comments

V for Violet said…
That's a fantastic secret weapon. Love it! x
Anonymous said…
Oh laughing, why didn't I think of that?! Great one!
Dionne said…
True, laughter is the best medicine!
Katie said…
So true :) Love it.

I have awarded you a Kreativ Blogger Awards. Pop over to my blog for the details.
Tamara said…
great advice! thanks for the inspiration.
Blossomnbird said…
wonderful secret weapon:) Sounds so lovely to be working with your sister!

Popular posts from this blog

Sew mama Sew giveaway

New Digital Downloads and a giveaway!

Sweet William Print Giveaway! Yipeee yay yay!