loving old wood and oil painintings

Emily Chalmer's book - Modern Vintage Style


beautiful products from swarmhome.com
October issue of Elle Decoration UK
my latest purchase - beautiful bentwood chairs from ebay
flea market find - old wooden drawers
little chest of drawers from flea market - before above and after below

I am am in love with beautiful old wood at the moment and have had some lucky finds at the markets. This little chest of drawers was in a pretty sorry state but all it needed was a good scrub and a bit of a rub with some wood wax (although I ran out of that so I used vaseline!) anyway I think it came up very nicely and now sits on top of my computer desk, full of my stationary. I also picked up these three little wooden drawers with lovely old mettle knobs, these will come in handy for my market table for holding cards etc. Best find of all were these beautiful bentwood chairs - picked up a set of 4 on ebay for a bargain! I love they way the old wood looks next to a vintage painting - I have been drooling over images of old wood and paintings in Emily Chalmers latest book - Modern Vintage Style as well as in the UK Elle Decoration which led me to swarmhome.com, a very clever company using old vintage oil paintings to recover furniture and make new products such as bags - how beautiful!

Comments

Max said…
Vaseline, classic! It's come up so beautifully; and I love the dolly at top it, very cute x
Great finds Paula, they look lovely. Thanks for the book tip looks like my kind of book.
Check out a book by the name of a Love of Old.
Corona Storage said…
these old paintings wood look so good in our log cabin
oooh I love your chest...rolf rolf....great renovation job. I have one and it is the most useful thing. Must look for another one to pop the odds and ends in. xoxoxo
Kammy's Korner said…
Love the little check of drawers! Also would love for you to share this post over at Trash To Treasure Tuesdays on the Korner! Thanks!! http://kammyskorner.blogspot.com/2011/10/trash-to-treasure-tuesday-link-party-2.html
Jessica said…
This is such a lovely blog, I'm so pleased I found it!

Popular posts from this blog

Sew mama Sew giveaway

New Digital Downloads and a giveaway!

Sweet William Print Giveaway! Yipeee yay yay!