Mud puddles and mist



As some of you might know, my little family and I are living the rural life, just outside of Wellington New Zealand. We are doing our own house build and we have been living in a tiny little cottage on the property – with very little amenities! It has been 6 long months of waiting for our building plans to pass – but they are finally done! We are so excited to finally start our build – but I think the hard work has only just begun! I hope to set up another blog to write about our building adventure – but like many things – its something I have been talking about for a while! Will let you know when it’s all up and running.

Anyway I took the shot early in the morning from our little front door looking across the valley – its mid winter here – I love the mist and the glisten of the silver water against the deep greens and pale sky. The print was an Etsy purchase – it made me smile as it reminds me how lovely our kids have been throughout this whole process – they have found joy and fun in really simple and sometimes challenging surroundings.
x Shelley

Comments

Beck said…
You have an amazing view! Good luck with the building, I'm sure it will be quite an adventure. I love you print and your thoughts about your children. Hope you have a happy weekend xo
imba said…
So wonderful you've got the go-ahead to get the build underway. Exciting, full-on, and no-doubt a bit stressful - and what a beautiful spot to build in! Hope the plans include a creative space specially for you!?
Anonymous said…
wow - exciting times for you shells - P x
What an adventure. I've just recently become envious of those embarking on the build process, whereas before, it was definitely a rather you than me thing. Imagine, everything just where you want it and getting to watch it all come together.
Widge said…
Stunning view and I absolutely LOVE that print...oooh might have to go and have a look on etsy myself at that one...I can see my 4 kiddies running in that too
Widge said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
melissa said…
wow- how wonderful!
i love the print too. have fun with your building.

Popular posts from this blog

Sew mama Sew giveaway

New Digital Downloads and a giveaway!

Sweet William Print Giveaway! Yipeee yay yay!