fine art vs commercial art





I have been doing a part time drawing course at the University of Melbourne, which has been incredibly enriching. I can often come away at the end of a three hour session of life drawing or collage making feeling a little confused as I struggle with the pull between fine art and commercial art. The next day I have to 'switch' and answer a clients pretty tight brief for an illustration job or I may do a pretty illustration that sits well in our Sweet William shop...I suppose there is a cross over as I am taking a lot from the university course and applying it to all art that I do. I wonder if others have these same battles? Anyway here is some of the fine art work I have been working on lately, I feel I need to share it with as much pride as I share my commercial art with you all, although for some reason, it feels a little more scary to do so. Have a lovely weekend! Paula x

Comments

Corrine said…
Yes I know exactly what you mean. At the moment I'm stuggling with craft vs art.
ellie said…
Some lovely lines in there - I like the tentative aspect of it; love the woman's tummy.

Yes - craft vs art, or design vs craft vs art..... commercial vs anything really.

Good luck with finding your own balance.

Popular posts from this blog

Sew mama Sew giveaway

New Digital Downloads and a giveaway!

Sweet William Print Giveaway! Yipeee yay yay!