Money for JAM


We all had some lovely market moments - even in the midst of excruciating heat in Melbourne. An extra special thing for me was to be able to have my brother, Myles and his wife, Jane selling along side me here in New Zealand.

They were visiting on an extended overseas trip. One of those round the world tickets doing all sorts of amazing things like hiking to Everest base camp, or eating too much curry in India. They had been touring the islands and had stopped off to say goodbye and to celebrate Myles birthday. I persuaded them to sell at the market with me and make a bit of cash to add to the ever dwindling funds. The garlands below are made from vintage books and sewn together very lovingly by Jane - we called them Money for Jam cos I call Jane and Myles JAM for short.


Comments

Nancy McCarroll said…
I am so sorry for all the heat and fires near Melbourne. My daughter and I were lucky enough to be there 2 weeks ago, right before the fires started. Lovely country, and I'll be praying for rain and cooler weather! Nancy
Paula Mills said…
Thanks Nancy - it has been awful, devastating to see some many loose so much, so quickly. Everyone here is rallying around to help. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. .

Popular posts from this blog

Sew mama Sew giveaway

New Digital Downloads and a giveaway!

Sweet William Print Giveaway! Yipeee yay yay!