Unslumping






In the previous post I shared about being in a bit of a creative slump. I am going to carry on with sharing my un slumping story. Fresh flowers always pick up my mood and inspire me. I bought a bunch of Dahlias from our local corner shop and decided to work on some small compositions. I had a few 20x20 cm canvases in my studio which I painted in bright pink tones - trying to capture the ultra colour of the dahlias with a bit of fluro pink paint, creating backgrounds. Once they were dry I decided to fill in the negative spaces with a dove egg blue/grey sort of colour. I am quite pleased with the effect so far, almost abstract but enough form to suggest the flowers. This is still work in progress - I will get back to the paintings at some stage and finish them off but I have so enjoyed the process and am grateful to have my creative juices flowing again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sew mama Sew giveaway

New Digital Downloads and a giveaway!

Sweet William Print Giveaway! Yipeee yay yay!