A Mother's love

Me sitting on my Mum's knee in 1974. Mother's love illustration below
You know some times when you are walking through a beautiful forest and you come across a fallen tree and you notice how life has carried on around the tree? New things have grown in and around it, maybe some little creatures have made their home in it, it is still there but no longer standing as tall as it used to. Shelley and I (and our younger brother Myles) lost our Mum 6 years ago and this is how it feels sometimes. I miss the beautiful, strong, solid tree but I can see how it's presence is still felt and will be for a very, very long time. This image is about that, a mother's love is strong deep and wide.  Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers and Grandmothers out there. Paula xxx

Comments

Alison said…
That is so beautiful.
i lost my mum six years ago and there is not a day when I wish I could just give her a call and ask her something, anything! what a lovely post and your artwork is just perfect! x Roberta
Always enjoy dropping by your blog--so cheerful and lovely
best from Tunisia,
nadia

Popular posts from this blog

Sew mama Sew giveaway

New Digital Downloads and a giveaway!

Sweet William Print Giveaway! Yipeee yay yay!