Its in the bag



I recently felt like a real traveling salesman when I took some pieces to a shop we supply. I had placed the wood blocks in an old suitcase I had found on a recent thrifty scrounge. I loved the colour and the stitching detail and it looked like it could have previously belonged to a glamorous, updo lady.


However, it was a bit lacking in personality so I decided to give it a little face lift. Around my guillotine there is always a little growing pile of paper off cuts, but instead of sweeping them up I used them to cover the front of the case.


Comments

50sme said…
I very much love this look. I've been mulling over an idea to do the same to a couple of wonderful old samsonites using a million clippings from 1950's and 60's magazines I have. I ended up decoupaging an old wooden stool instead but darn it, after seeing this I'm determined to get it done.

Popular posts from this blog

Sew mama Sew giveaway

New Digital Downloads and a giveaway!

Sweet William Print Giveaway! Yipeee yay yay!