Hoola hoop print on a (lovely) pencil case



I have been so keen to try a bit of screen-printing - but its one of those processes that seem quite intimidating and not that easy to master. Plus, you just happen to need a screen or two lying around and an image lasered on it! However, I picked up somewhere on the net (as one does) that a simple little embroidery hoop will do for small, unsophisticated prints. So being the stitchy girl that I am, of course I had a hoop or two.

With a touch of "Modge Podge" to block out the image and some textile paint - the process was almost a cinch! I used the back of a ruler as a squeegee. The print is a bit rough and I actually kind of like it that way (old school).

Comments

Paula Mills said…
beautiful!! Love it! hope you will make lots more!
Kyriake said…
Ooh! I "love" that... hehe!
That is really effective...(running off to dig out embroidery hoop now!)...really love it

Popular posts from this blog

Sew mama Sew giveaway

New Digital Downloads and a giveaway!

Sweet William Print Giveaway! Yipeee yay yay!